Thursday, February 5, 2009

2/5/09

1. I thought about blogging the last 2 days, but Tuesday I was exhausted and Wednesday my husband came home *wink, wink*.
2. I’ve come to discover that I’m completely organized…on paper.
3. Nolan was just being destructive with the Hulk Smash Hands, but now he’s trying on butterfly dress up shoes. He’s well rounded I would say!
4. For the past 2 days I have planned my life on paper, finished the girls’ baby photo books for their birthday, done some laundry and stared at the dishes.
5. Winter needs to go away. It makes me feel so blah. Damn that groundhog!
6. I’m so glad that my husband had the realization that what I do as a SAHM is hard. There should be a class for husbands whose wives stay at home. They should have a “boot camp” or something. What a perfect idea for a reality show!
7. The kids put the clean sheets on their beds for the first time. Ahhh…one less chore for Mommy!
8. I finally got to watch the first episode LOST for this season. I’m excited to see some things get resolved.
9. We may be having a Laundromat date this weekend. The washer is on the fritz again.
10. I’m going to try to widdle the kids’ wardrobe down a bit. The older they get, the pickier they get and they seem to be wearing the same things over and over again.
11. This summer the girls are getting an “all dress” wardrobe. They ask for dresses every day. I don’t know why I bother buying shorts.
12. My poor baby is exhausted and it is hard for both of us to wait until 7:30pm.
13. I’m hoping since Don is home, I won’t have insomnia.
14. We ordered Domino’s Pizza tonight. Word of advice, don’t order the white garlic sauce instead of marinara – it is GROSS!
15. The girls have been watching “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s cute to watch the girls dance around to the lollipop kids song. I also love to hear Mattie say “Dorafy”.
16. Donald is bored at school. It’s really starting to show lately. He’s losing interest and keeps asking why he has to do all of these papers that are so easy. Hopefully there will be some good programs for him in MD.
17. The kids fought like cats and dogs today. I’m mentally exhausted from mediating. Why can’t they all just get along? LOL!
18. I really need to research and implement some new parenting strategies for when they fight. I’ve never had to deal with this “sibling rivalry” thing growing up. I just want to put them in a soundproof, locked room until someone wins.
19. Their new thing is to have wrestling matches and box with the Hulk Hands. Even the baby gets in the action and jumps on the top of the pile.
20. I’m in the mood to go for a long bike ride, by myself. Too bad it’s 15 degrees outside.
21. I used to bike 75 miles every weekend on the towpath when I was in high school. Now, my leg muscles are like jello.
22. I want to get all pretty for Valentine’s Day and go on a date. I may get my date, but we may not be alone. It’s too hard to find a sitter.
23. It’s funny. I started babysitting when I was 13 for a toddler and a baby. I wouldn’t even think of leaving my kids with a 13 year old today. Kids are not responsible anymore. It’s really a shame.
24. I’m ready for bed. Is it 8 o’clock yet???

25. I want to take a mini-vacation. I’d be happy with an oceanfront room on the boardwalk for the weekend. Just an escape from things…

No comments:

Post a Comment