Friday, January 30, 2009

1/30/09

1. I hate to be talked to (or emailed at) like a child.
2. I am a “type A” person, but at least (most of the time), I know my place. ‘Nuff said.
3. I’m trying 3 new recipes this paycheck and I’m pretty psyched!
4. I’m starting to like grossing my kids out with the new concoctions.
5. I would like to know why there is such a big stink about lead paint and why the government feels the need to step in. I just lost my biggest account because my bows are not certified “lead-free” by the government. Umm…don’t let your kids eat them, duh! I think that it’s getting to be a bit ridiculous!
6. I licked many a lead paint toy in my day and look at me!
7. I’m now banned to craft fairs and online orders…hint, hint …www.piggytailsbowtique.com
8. I had my baby’s head shaved today. OMG! He is so freaking cute! He looks just like his big brother now.
9. He did surprisingly well with the clippers, only one whoops behind the ear. It totally freaked the hairdresser out. I think she thought I was going to get mad at the mistake.
10. I actually enjoyed my 6 year-old on Thursday, not so much today. He didn’t sit still today until he fell asleep.
11. My kids made people happy at Wal-Mart by being obnoxious. Their hysterical laughter was echoing through out the store. Everyone that walked by couldn’t help but smile.
12. I did a good deed today and it made me happy.
13. The commissary has the perfect cart for my children. It has 2 seats in the front and 2 seats in the attached car. It made my shopping experience so much better.
14. The kids and I ran errands all afternoon and they actually behaved, mostly.
15. Nolan is turning into quite the helper. He unloaded almost all the groceries onto the belt himself. It was cute until he picked up the HUGE jar of grape jelly and tried to throw it.
16. Kira read the word milk today. Sounded it out herself. I was impressed.
17. Mattie is starting to go potty by herself when we are out. She just grabs her little potty seat and heads to the bathroom.
18. I am thankful for having to memorize prices when I worked at Krieger’s (a produce market). It comes in so handy now when I make my shopping lists. I know about how much I’m going to spend before I go. It makes budgeting so much easier.
19. I splurged a little and bought myself a pint of Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food. It’s been a long day.
20. Tomorrow and Sunday are cleaning days. My kids are going to be mad. They have trashed the living room and play room and they will be cleaning it tomorrow, by themselves.
21. I’m cleaning the kitchen tomorrow. It is nasty. I can’t really function when it is a mess, so in order to clean the rest of the house, the kitchen has to be first!
22. I’m hoping to get the kid’s rooms under control on Sunday. I will be packing up a bunch of their toys. I’m also hoping to get rid of some, but we’ll see about that!
23. I bought the kids their Valentine’s Day Cards today. I got a great deal at the dollar store and they actually had a good selection this year.
24. I forgot to get the mail…all week. I’m going to get a nasty post-it on my door soon.

25. I would just like to know, if the mail man can drive by to put a post-it on my door, why can’t he just drop the mail off too? I’m home almost every day, all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment