Saturday, January 31, 2009

1/31/09

1. I just had the kids sing “Happy Birthday” to my little cousin on the phone, it was cute!
2. I feel kind of accomplished today. I packed 4 boxes in the kitchen, cleaned the front of the refrigerator, threw away 3 bags of junk and started the next goodwill box.
3. The kids were also very productive today. They cleaned the playroom, living room, foyer, bathroom and steps.
4. To celebrate our hard work, we went to Azteca for dinner…YUM!!
5. The kids were very well behaved there and were complemented.
6. The kids and I talked to Don today. They are really missing him this time. He was headed to the bars again. He better not try to keep up with the young guys again!
7. We were driving by Hooters today and Donald said, “Have we ever been there?” to which I replied “No.”. Then he said, “I think we should go mom, it looks REALLY good!”. I laughed for 5 minutes, daddy was proud!
8. I packed my casserole pan last week. I don’t know what I was thinking. It is in the bottom of a really big box, in the back of the huge pile of boxes in the No No Room. I bought a new pan today. *sigh*.
9. I think it’s funny that I have a No No Room.
10. I’m kind of frustrated that I didn’t finish the kitchen. I still think I’m going to work on the kids’ rooms tomorrow though. I need a change of pace and I am tired of stepping on their toys.
11. I have a new mantra thanks to FlyLady…”Keep in mind that your home did not get this way overnight and it is not going to get clean in a day.”
12. I don’t think she’s met my children, they can destroy a house in 10 minutes.
13. I ran the van through the car wash today. Someday I really have to wash the inside too.
14. The car wash and $0.99 Slurpees were the highlight of my kids’ day. They’ve also been making clubhouses out of the moving boxes. Why do I buy toys and spend millions at Chuckin’ Cheese?
15. I just realized that there is no cent sign on the computer keyboard.
16. The baby thinks I work too much. He keeps bringing me his toys. He wants to watch ME play with them.
17. I can’t wait to take the kids to D.C. I have a great idea for a Zoo and Dinosaur Journal.
18. I told the kids that we could go to the Zoo after we move into our new house. Kira said, “Okay, as long as you don’t let the lions eat me.”
19. I need a shower, but have to put it off until tomorrow morning so I don’t get a second wind.
20. I find it ironic that my cat is sitting on the computer mouse.
21. She must be out of food because she is staring at me.
22. Nolan has to have his hair brushed and detangling spray after he gets dressed - my studdly little toddler.
23. I am eagerly waiting for this coming week. I have watched all my shows on my DVR. I have to watch (and not fast forward through) commercials all weekend.
24. I hear my Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food ice cream calling me.
25. I’m hoping that tomorrow will be this pleasant and productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment